Truly Madly
... for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Thankfulness



And LOVE.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I didn't feel an overwhelming amount of thankfulness and love.... but I just can't because those two emotions dominate my life. I can think of so many reasons to be thankful, and while I am far from perfect, I never run out of compassion and love.

But what is on my mind right now is that day when I mentioned homeschooling to my husband. Not because I had a desire to homeschool... I mean, I really didn't. I had questions. I had a long list of reasons in my head of why I cannot. I found some entertaining answers on this blog.


My husband was positive and encouraging from the start... He even wanted to go to a homeschooling convention with me and find out more. We went... (I went) hesitantly. At the convention I realized something new: that it's a lifestyle and a state of mind... definitely not "School at Home" as I had previously imagined. Freedom. Freedom from the ordinary to explore and learn more about what truly matters.


Extreme encouragement.
Complete confidence. Passion. This is what I received from my husband in every conversation we had after that convention. And I don't take that for granted for even 1 second. He believed in me and still does, amazingly. I am thankful for new insights revealed to us each day that encourage us even more to be okay with being different.
For me, being different is not easy. I have always strived to be peaceful and do what is pleasing to others. Surprisingly, most of the people I know are totally comfortable with it and are extremely encouraging... Another thing I am so thankful for is amazing friends!!!


Lately Mr. C. announces to everyone he meets "I am a kindergartener, and my mom even let me start a early!" I am overflowing with thankfulness. I am so thankful for the freedom to homeschool. I am thankful to be part of so many networks that support and encourage me. I am thankful for our busy, full schedule and cannot wait to see what God will reveal to us each day.

I am mostly thankful for a husband who loves me and really, really believes in me even when I don't know how to believe in myself.



Love.

And Thankfulness.

That is really all I have to say.


1 comment:

Carrie said...

What a great post, Jonna! It's so apparent you are exactly where God wants you to be!!!