Truly Madly
... for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I never thought I'd say this, but..


We have decided to homeschool.

What??? did I just say what I think I said?

Yes. I said it. The same girl who's said that I can't put my kids in a bubble.  
That's not what homeschooling is about... they won't be in a bubble!

The same girl who said that I can't possibly teach my kids.  I am not a teacher!   
Just an excuse, coming from someone who didn't have the confidence and didn't know what I know now.


This began with a stubborn mom (me) searching the internet to find any criticism AGAINST homeschooling in order to prove my point that public school better prepares children for life. And I found that all my arguments made no sense and that for my family homeschooling did... and that with God's help I can do this!  

and guess what?  I know it's going to be a lot of work but I am so excited!  

7 comments:

Lora said...

All the power to you...hehe! You do just fine and I am sure you will have fun doing it too.

Miscellany Mom said...

awesome!

Katie said...

Yipee!!! :) :) :)

Heather Rodriguez said...

WooHoo!!!!

NerdMom said...

I am proud of you. Not just because you are homeschooling and that rocks;). But because you found the courage to choose what is hard regardless of the stigma and the challenge. There is no fear in Christ!

Carrie said...

You go girl! I'm glad that you got over your fear!

I'm sure that you will be amazing and with God's help...you CAN do it!

Diane said...

I stumbled upon on your blog from Sara Stolpp's blog. She is my best friend. Anyway, thought I'd leave you this link of another close friend of mine who is the best best homeschool momma I know! She has lots of links on her blog for homeschool stuff that you might find of use as you begin your homeschooling journey. Hope you do great!

Here is her link: http://mommyhoodadventures.blogspot.com/

Blessings!
Diane