Truly Madly
... for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Celebrating Ladybug



Our little Ladybug does NOT have DDH!

What she does have is abnormal ligament laxity otherwise known as loose ligaments. Her ligaments should begin to tighten up more over time.  She doesn't have enough control to walk normal yet, but her doctor will continue to observe her progress and we just wait for those ligaments to tighten.  It is probably linked to heredity and her breech position during pregnancy.  Praise God for no surgery and no awful cast!

Miss E may not be walking yet but she is SUPER cuddly, loves being held all the time and is totally relaxed just sitting on your lap.  Those are things I could not say for a walking toddler who's on the move.  My little girl still has no hair, just fuzz.  People ask me if she's 10 months old... when she's 16 months old.  Then they hear her talk!  She has quite a vocabulary and you know exactly what she wants.  If she doesn't know the name of an item she points at it and says "NOW!"  I am not so crazy about that one but we're working on it.

I am thankful that my 'baby' is in snuggly cuddly baby mode still.  As much as I wish she was walking I fully appreciate TODAY and THIS MOMENT.  I am so thankful for her trusting spirit that falls asleep in my arms so easily.  I am thankful for her lively personality that sings, dances and scolds her brothers when necessary. I am so thankful for every part of her and what makes her who she is.  God did amazing work when He made her.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Praise God for the good news! So glad it's something that will heal on it's own. :)

Katie said...

Jonna, this is a beautiful post :). It brought tears to my eyes. E is such a treasure and a blessing from God.