Truly Madly
... for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ladybug Cupcakes

Ladybug's birthday is coming up soon, so I made Ladybug Cupcakes!
It's only appropriate, right?

If I can do these ANYONE can. :)

So, I found a few different ideas and combined them and here is what I got.
1 box cake mix (I used strawberry)
mix: vanilla frosting + red decorating paste + a little red food coloring


Bake the cupcakes, frost them, then cover them with red sparkly sprinkles.
Add a stripe of black decorator frosting down the middle of the back.
Poke 5 chocolate chips in upside down on each side.

Squish an Oreo on the front.
Dip mini-marshmallows (cut in half) in the black frosting and squish them in.
Dip blue mini-M&Ms in the white frosting and stick them on the marshmallows.
Dip red mini-M&Ms in the black frosting for the ladybug's mouth.

And there you've got a bunch of ladybugs!


2 comments:

Lora said...

They turned out super cute!

Heather Rodriguez said...

Yeah, I dont think ANYONE could do that!! You did a really nice job!