Truly Madly
... for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Blueberries in my brain

Munching on blueberries after lunch today...

C: Oh, mommy. You have to be more careful! You're eating too many blueberries too fast and they are going to get stuck in your brain! First it will make you sneeze 5 times, and then you will cough 5 times, and then daddy and I will have to take you to the hospital. And I don't want you to be sneezing and coughing because that means you don't feel good and I don't like it when you don't feel good, mommy. And then the doctors will have to take the blueberries out of your brain, which doesn't feel very good either. And all the sneezing and coughing are things I don't like. So please mommy, eat the blueberries one at a time and very slowly, okay?

...And the other day my parents came to get C for a few hours, and as he was leaving he turned around and said:

C: Mommy, I have to leave you for a little while and you're going to be OKAY. But if you get scared just call me and I can talk to you and make you feel better. But don't worry, I will be back in a little while and you will be okay without me.

Me: (trying to keep a serious look on my face) Okay, I will call you if I get scared. Love you!



7 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh my GOSH! I'm dying over here! What a silly kiddo! He's so "stinkin" smart too! Sounds like you're going to have another sweet man to be doting on you! How blessed you are my friend!

Miscellany Mom said...

how funny! i just love the way a kiddo's mind works!

Lora said...

That is so funny! Sam comes up with the craziest things too.

Heather Rodriguez said...

That is pretty stinking cute!!

Cindy said...

Was a sweet boy you have. And the pic of him sleeping is darling. At least you have lots of men to take care of you... the joy of being wife and mama. I miss you and can't wait to catch up tomorrow.

Liege said...

He is so cute. I can't wait for Makenna to be a little older. I love the things kids say :)
How are you doing? I haven't talked to you in a while.

Carrie said...

That's awesome! And so thought out! Stinkin' kiddos!