Truly Madly
... for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Friday, January 2, 2009

Preg-mentally me

So I'm now 35 week pregnant (measuring almost 37) and having her in less than 4 weeks.  I have been wanting to post something new in my blog for two weeks but my brain is shutting down and I feel like such a moron because whatever I say doesn't seem to come out right!   Can I blame this on pregnancy please?

I wish you all a Happy New Year and I think about you all the time!  I am so glad to have friendships with all these awesome mothers who, like me, consider mothering and marriage the most important thing beyond our relationship with Christ!  Our culture is so ME, me, me... and mothering and marriage is definitely NOT!  That's why I love MOPS and how it brings us all together... because I know we all know moms who don't have the same priorities we do!  I know I'm a little obsessive-compulsive, protective, and very nurturing in my parenting style and some people think I'm a total wierdo and need to loosen up and relax but I won't!  I love my children too much to not protect their innocence and guide their hearts the best way I can!  

So anyways I'm thankful for your friendships and prayers and everything we get to share together.  I think about that a lot, and how much it means to me!

Here is my Birthday Cake for Jesus.  
It was very special and a lot of fun (although not the prettiest cake I've ever seen)!
Thank you Cindy!

I miss everyone, and look forward to seeing you all soon!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your cake turned out cute! I'm sure it was fun for the kids as well as being very special. I look forward to starting this tradition with my kids next year:)

Miscellany Mom said...

very nice cake! we love you too!!!

Heather Rodriguez said...

I love your cake! Its wonderful!!

Hope to see you Tuesday!

Lora said...

Aahhh..the last month. I can't believe she is almost here! That is okay for being a weirdo. We all are in our own special way. See you in a couple of days.

Liege said...

Yes, you can blame it on pregnancy. I swear they eat our brain cells while they are inside us!

Cindy said...

I missed you and your blogging, but understand that sometimes it just doesn't fit...wither physically or mentally. Glad to see you back though. Can't wait to see you on Tuesday! Kick your feet up until then and enjoy loving on those two little boys.