Truly Madly
... for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

What I've been up to.

It's been ages since I posted anything. I know, I'm awful...We've been so busy though and time flies when you're having fun! Right?

First of all... homeschooling. It's going quite well!
I have come to the conclusion that my teaching method is Charlotte Mason... you can read a bit about her method by clicking here. The Charlotte Mason method uses a lot of hands-on activities, live books, and nature walks... basically learning is FUN. I have been using My Father's World kindergarten and both boys are totally loving it. This curriculum combines Charlotte Mason and classical education with a biblical worldview and international focus. It covers reading, math, science, bible, creative thinking, character development and art with tons of hands-on activities that are simple enough that they somehow don't overwhelm me. And the best part is it doesn't take much time at all, (most days about an hour) so our schedule can include tons of other activities... seriously we are not home much at all (okay we are always home during afternoon naptime) but not a whole lot for a bunch of homeschoolers. I'm sure we'll need to spend more time on studies as they get older but for now each day is an adventure!

The boys start gymnastics tomorrow. They are SUPER excited (and so am I)! We went to a Grizzlies game last weekend and we're looking forward to more in the future.

God is doing crazy things to me... I'm changing on the inside. If you knew me more than 10 years ago, you would not believe I'd be a mother of 3 or the thoughts that go through my head. I am being transformed each day into someone who longs to glorify my amazing God... He is truly amazing!!!

More exciting things to come in the future but for now that is all I have to say.

1 comment:

Sonja said...

Praise the Lord for how He is working in and through you! When I look back on myself 20, 15, or 10 years ago, I shudder, then I'm grateful! May you continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of Him.