Truly Madly
... for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I am Broken, but God is my Redeemer

This is part of a series of favorite bible verses, by topic. I have found arranging my favorite scripture by topic to be so helpful and hope it blesses others also.


Numbers 23:19-20 God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. 
Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? I have received a command to bless; he has blessed, and I cannot change it.

Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Psalm 103:1-5 Praise the LORD, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. 
 Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit 
and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

Psalm 138:8 The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever--do not abandon the works of your hands.

Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Isaiah 57:17 The high and lofty one who lives in eternity,
the Holy One, says this: “I live in the high and holy place
with those whose spirits are contrite and humble. I restore the crushed spirit of the humble and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts.

Jeremiah 33:3 ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’

Mark 11:23 Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him.

John 14:17 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

John 15:7-8 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.

John 15:16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.

Acts 17:28

'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'

Romans 5:1-5 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Romans 12:12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

1 Corinthians 1:11 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will.

1 Corinthians 13:7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Ephesians 2:22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

Philippians 3:13-14 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

James 1:18 He chose to give birth to us by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his prized possession.

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your care upon Him; for He cares for you.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. He that fears is not made perfect in love.

Revelation 21:4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.

No comments: