Truly Madly
... for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

When I Am Trembling...

This is part of a series of favorite bible verses, by topic. I have found arranging scripture by topic to be helpful and hope it blesses others also. These verses on fear are so powerful to me, and encouraging.

Exodus 14:14

The Lord will fight for you. You need only to be still.

Deuteronomy 31:6, 8

Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. The LORD is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.

2 Chronicles 16:9

The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.

Psalm 32:7

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.

Psalm 34:4

I sought the LORD and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy;
 no shadow of shame will darken their faces.
 In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened;
 he saved me from all my troubles.
 For the angel of the Lord is a guard;
 he surrounds and defends all who fear him.

Psalm 37:23-24

The LORD makes firm the steps 
of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, 
 for the LORD upholds him with his hand.

Psalm 50:14-15

Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God,
 and keep the vows you made to the Most High.
 Then call on me when you are in trouble,
and I will rescue you,
and you will give me glory.”

Psalm 55:22

Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; 
he will never let 
 the righteous be shaken.

Psalm 56:3-4

When I am afraid, 
 I will trust in you. 
In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid.

Psalm 138:3

On the day I called, You answered me;
You made me bold with strength in my soul.

Isaiah 26:3

You will keep him in perfect peace, those whose mind is steadfast, because they trust in You. Trust in the LORD forever, 
for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal.

Isaiah 41:10

Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

Isaiah 41:13

For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand 
and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

Isaiah 43:2-3

When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.
 For I am the Lord, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom; I gave Ethiopia and Seba in your place.

Isaiah 44:8

Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? 
You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me? 
No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.

Isaiah 46:4

Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. 
I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

Jeremiah 17:14

Heal me, LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.

Jeremiah 29:11-13

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Habakkuk 3:19 (amplified bible)

The sovereign Lord God is my Strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army; He makes my feet like hinds' feet and will make me to walk [not to stand still in terror, but to walk] and make [spiritual] progress upon my high places [of trouble, suffering, or responsibility]!

Mark 6:13

"Don't be afraid; just believe."

Mark 9:23-24

“‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes. Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!

John 14:26-27

"The Counselor, the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

John 16:33

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Romans 8:15-17

You have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, “Abba, Father.” For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children. And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.

Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:37

In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

2 Corinthians 13:9

We are glad to seem weak if it helps show that you are actually strong.

Ephesians 3:17-20 That Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory.

Ephesians 6:11-13 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.

Philippians 4:6-9

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.

Hebrews 4:16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.

I Peter 1:7 These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold--though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.

Revelation 4:11 "Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and because of Your will they existed, and were created."

No comments: