Truly Madly
... for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Story of Us

a VERY shortened version.

I wasn't going anywhere on Nov. 29, 2001. I was staying home, doing laundry and preparing for work the next morning. But my two closest friends were telling me to come to Bennigan's for dinner, and with our work schedules and busy lives it was a rare event so I went. Across the room I saw him looking at me. He smiled. I left to put away laundry and came back to visit with my friends for a little while longer. He was still looking at me. Then he bumped into me, and said he was sorry (awkward) and my friend Sugi started talking to him and being her usual bubbly, outgoing self. I thought he was seriously cute. We started talking an almost an hour later he asked me if he could call me and we were pretty much inseparable from that point on...

I KNEW he was good. There was no denying that he was kind, hard-working, and loved his family.

What I didn't know was that he would be my rock. My spiritual leader. Remaining steadfast through my times of uncertainty and weakness. This is a really big deal, because I don't know where I'd be without him.

God knew me.
He knew I needed Daniel.

We were married 8 years ago today!
February 1, 2003

And I love him more than words can say.



warning: cheesy photos ahead




3 comments:

Lora said...

Happy Anniversary!

Katie said...

Beautiful story <3! I have always wondered how you two meet. Happy Anniversary.

Heather Rodriguez said...

Oh I love that story!! Though I do love the long/live version better!! hehe!! And my favorite part... "I thought he was seriously cute." teehee!! I love it!! You two are perfect for each other!!!!!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!