Truly Madly
... for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Sentimental Me and now, Superman's MIA

This weekend I decided to sort through the boys baby clothes and realized that somehow I have become my mother (who never throws anything away because everything is somehow sentimental). Looking through all these adorable boy sleepers I realized that it wasn't as easy to give them away as I had thought. Each tiny outfit is filled with such fond memories of C and N I felt so overwhelmed I broke into tears! My sweet husband assured me that we don't have to get rid of anything, and we can hold on to them as long as I want... but it's rediculous!!! I want someone else to enjoy them too. Why do a bunch of baby clothes make me into a sobbing, crying weirdo? I don't understand!

Brothers 2007

Superman with C, 2005

...And today Superman left the premises and now my house has no superpowers. It's miserable here when he's away. From early when the boys wake up and Superman normally jumps out of bed to help them and make coffee... to our daily lunchtime visit with our Superhero... to our wonderful evenings both as a family and as a couple,.. I miss him so much I can't stand it. I know I'm spoiled with love and attention and I'm so thankful. But that just makes it so much harder when Superman has to go away.


7 comments:

Katie said...

When is Superman due to come home?

Jonna said...

Late tomorrow night (way after my bedtime). Then he has to go out of town the next day for an all day thing and won't be home until late again. But at least he is taking Friday off! Yay for that! Sorry about my pity party, I must be pregnant or something :)

Katie said...

You are allowed your pity party ;). It is hard when the husbands are out of town...that means we have good ones!!!

Cindy said...

You are so sweet. It is so nice to see a Godly woman respecting and loving her husband. Sadly enough, there isn't enough of this kind of love out there in our wicked world. What a light you are for everyone who you come in contact with. Thank you!

Brooke said...

Kevin left for the men's retreat and I was so sad!!! Just the same idea, not there! So sad!!! What blessed women we are to have husbands we actually miss! Kevin has told me about so many people he works with who see their spouses about one 1/2 day a week and are HAPPY with that situation! I pray that never would be me! Hopefully you'll have some quality grandparent time while he's away!

Lora said...

No, your new posts do not show up on my blog page. The last one was from a week ago.

Too cute with your boys. Allie has worn some of Sam's PJ's and onsies. Keep some for those emergency clothes for when they pee too much in the middle of the night and you have not done laundry. They came in handy!

Jonna said...

I cannot even imagine being okay with spending so little time without him... that is just CRAZY. But then again, my Love Language is Quality Time :)