Truly Madly
... for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Conversations with my belly button



C: "Ewizabif (aka Ladybug), it's your brudder! Hello?!!!
"Mommy, I'm using your penis as a microphone!"

Me: "That's my belly button, not a penis silly."

C: "Oh (smiles) I knew that... it was a mistake."
"Ewizabif... can't you hear me??? It's (his name)... Heeeellllllooooo!"


... and later that same day...

C: "Mommy, I got a piece of dried fruit stuck in my nose!"
(eyes tearing) "It hurts, get it out!"

Me: "How did it get up there? I can't even see it in there!"

C: "I don't know!"

Me: "Okay, put your finger over the other nostril and blow out REALLY hard!"

(a chunk of dried apricot goes flying across the room at top speed)

C: "Thanks, mommy. Thanks for the help."

Me: "No more putting things in your nose EVER."

C: "Okay mommy, I won't do that any more."



I love that boy! xoxoxoxo

4 comments:

Carrie said...

LOL! Those are GREAT!!!!

Does he try to talk through his penis? LOL!

Lora said...

Those boys. I can't wait until Allie talks to hear the conversations that they will have. Sam always talks to Allie and answers himself back. This age is cute!

Cindy said...

No he didn't! I love your thought on getting the fruit out. Not sure if I would have thought that one so fast. Thanks for the tip since I'm sure we're not far behind you. Don't you wish you could record their sweet little voices sometimes?? So precious

ibsheree said...

Love the whole Penis/Bellybutton remark...brought me to tears.

Reminded me of a conversation the girls and I had.

One day Reynah comes up to me and points at my chest and says,

"Nice bootie Mom!"

I say, "This is not my bootie, it's my Boo-bies, not Boo-tie." (thinking she pronounced it wrong)

She laughs and walks off.

Skialer sitting next to us, hearing the whole conversation says,
"Well Mom...she probably thinks you have two booties because your boobie crack and you bootie crack look the same!"