Truly Madly
... for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Fall Planting Favorites!


















There are so many beautiful flowers that love colder weather, but these are just some of my current favorites flowers to plant in fall!

Chrysanthemums
Gardenias
Pansies
Shasta Daisies

...and don't forget to put down California Poppy seeds during the winter months too!

It's a great time to protect the less hardy plants from frost by putting down wood chips and compost.  Happy Fall!


3 comments:

Cindy said...

I had no idea you love flowers. I love it!! A fellow gardener. It's about that time to switch everything up. Mmmmm....you can almost smell Fall in the air.

Julie said...

Pretty blog! I voted pink course!

Amber C. said...

You get me in the mood to garden! Thanks for all the tips!